Validator applies automated interactive tests to a stateful library such as Inspect or file systems - an interactive golden file framework.
The Validator architecture includes:
- A set of tests to validate functionality.
- A FIDL protocol to invoke operations to be tested.
- One or more puppet programs which receive FIDL commands and invoke library calls.
- A reference implementation or simulation of the desired behavior.
- Analysis of puppet results, comparison to local results, and reporting.
The Inspect Validator implementation includes:
- Core Validator program
- Rust Puppet. See also Inspect Validator Puppet Architecture
- Dart Puppet
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.