Validator applies automated interactive tests to a stateful library such as Inspect or file systems - an interactive golden file framework.
The Validator architecture includes:
- A set of tests to validate functionality.
- A FIDL protocol to invoke operations to be tested.
- One or more puppet programs, which receive FIDL commands and invoke library calls.
- A reference implementation or simulation of the desired behavior.
- Analysis of puppet results, comparison to local results, and reporting.
The Inspect Validator implementation includes:
- Core Validator program
- Rust Puppet. See also Inspect Validator Puppet Architecture
- Dart Puppet