This directory contains documentation about the various capability types in the component framework.
Capabilities grant the ability to a component to connect to and access resources from other components.
- Event capabilities: receive lifecycle events about components at a certain scope.
- Directory capabilities: connect to directories provided by other components.
- Protocol capabilities: connect to FIDL protocols provided by other components or the framework itself.
- Service capabilities: connect to FIDL services (groups of protocols) provided by other components or the framework itself.
- Storage capabilities: special-cased directories with different semantics.