This directory contains documentation about the various capability types in the component framework.
Capabilities can be created, routed, and used in a component manifest to control which parts of Fuchsia have ability to connect to and access which resources.
- Directory capabilities: connect to directories provided by other components.
- Event capabilities: receive lifecycle events about components at a certain scope.
- Protocol capabilities: connect to FIDL protocols provided by other components or the framework itself.
- Resolver capabilities: which resolvers are available in an environment determines which URL schemes can be used when declaring child components.
- Runner capabilities: determines which runner is responsible for instantiating the component and assisting with its lifecycle.
- Service capabilities: connect to FIDL services (groups of protocols) provided by other components or the framework itself.
- Storage capabilities: special-cased directories with different semantics.
- Life of a protocol open: How components connect to protocols in their namespaces.